Handmade in Birmingham – the heart of England - since 1903. Newey Bloomer take only the finest copper - and spin by hand the distinctive ‘beehive’ Simplex tea kettle.
It takes nearly a month to create every individual Simplex tea kettle and the rich opulent tones of highly polished copper will certainly be a functional showpiece in any kitchen.
Proudly stamped with ‘Made in England’ on the base and when it’s time for tea – the Blenheim by Newey & Bloomer will whistle to let you know it’s time to stop and take time out for tea!
Please allow 3-4 weeks for your bespoke hand made kettle to be despatched.
For more information on how we make our kettles click here.
- All Simplex Kettles by Newey & Bloomer are 100% lead-free
- 100% Solid copper kettle body for a faster boil and greater heat retention
- Magnificent polished natural copper exterior
- Whistles through the spout when water reaches boiling point
- "Stay cool", hand turned, high gloss solid beechwood handle
- Handmade in England by master copper artisans
- Traditional, authentic design that has been loved worldwide for generations
- Suitable for Gas or Electric stoves.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Manufactured in England with a 100% copper, hand spun kettle body
- Solid brass embellishments (nuts and handle brackets)
- Lined with molten tin for a superior interior bond
- Hand turned, beechwood handle
- Capacity - 1.7 liters or 1.9 quarts
- Width: 10"
- Depth: 8"
- Height: 9"
Newey & Bloomer Simplex tea kettles are all handmade and as such, overall dimensions may vary slightly from those shown above.
- Keep water level just below the centre seam
- Hand wash only and dry with a soft cloth
- Clean copper kettles with a good copper cleaner such as Brasso or Hagerty metal polish. Remember to polish the compound well, and do not allow it to build up around the handle and nuts
- Use filtered water, particularly in hard water areas
- Empty any left over water after boiling and wipe the inside dry to prevent calcium (limescale) build up
Copper is an exceptional material in the kitchen and, when maintained properly, should give you many years of service
- Leave water in the kettle overnight
- Put your kettle in a dishwasher
- Let the Simplex tea kettle boil dry
- Clean with any acidic cleaning agents
- Scrub with steel wool or abrasive cleaning cloths/brushes or pads as this can lead to irreparable damage
I'm afraid we have no videos of the Blenheim No 1 to share with you at the moment but be sure to pop back soon!